Saturday, April 29, 2006

First Note from Argentina - April 12, 2006

This is the note that Mark wrote the day that he arrived in Argentina (Wednesday, April 12, 2006). It is going to take about two weeks for letters from Mark to get to us and over two weeks for our letters to finally get to him. So please keep this in mind when you are writing hime. PLEASE WRITE!!!!




Well, obviously I wasn't able to call from Argentina. The flight went great. I had plenty of space and tons of drinks and food. I just couldn't get to sleep, because I couldn't ever find a comfortable position. The plan ride was 10 hours and 5 minutes long. It was way hot and humid when I first got off the plan but it only reminded me of home. Everything from then on has been in spanish. It wasn't too hard to get through customs. However, we did have to wait for Alberto for awhile. Our Mission President showed up first. They were all late because their is a strike going on with the subway so all the roads are packed. The airport looked like a prision. I didn't get to take many pictures, basicly because I didn't want to show all the other people at the airport that I had stuff of value. Everyone starred at us, they were pretty scary looking. We dropped our luggage off with Alberto who was going to send it to the mission home in a truck. We all crammed in two cars and went to the temple where their is another MTC behind it where we picked up 4 more missionaries who were natives and were new missionaries. We had a inspirational talk with our mission president at the temple, then took a picture and piled back into the car. The people here drive so crazy. Not fast like Atlanta but just stupied. They don't obey any rules and they make 2 lane roads 3 lane roads. The cars here are very old and basicly 4 wheels and that's it. Some of the buildings here look like they are going to fall over. After the temple we went to the mission home and had a short orientation and received our folders and credit card. Apearently, people get robbed around here a lot. So, they tell us to carry nothing important. I had an interview with the mission president. It went really good. Their spanish here is so diffrent from MTC spanish. This is definatly going to be a difficult trial for me but I know it is all in the Lord's hands. They had me write down your email Mom. I think it is PutamD@Bellsouth.com, if not try to get in touch with them on their email if you have it. This won't get to you for 2 weeks and all she wants to do is email you and tell you all is well and send a picture of us at the Temple. So, oh well. We are still at the mission home and we still haven't been assigned our traniers. President Wilkins is in the last meeting now. The sunrise on the plan this morning was so beautiful. I could write for ever but I have not that much time. This place is so diffrent and I can't tell you how much I love ya'll. I hope everyone is doing well. Remember me in your prayers, since ya'll are always in mine. I got to go for now. ¡ Vaya con Dios !
I Love you,
Elder Putnam