Email - Wednesday, August 16th, 2006
Please keep Mark in your prayers. Here is today's email.
Wednesday, August 16th, 2006
Hi :(
President took me out of Benavidez. We had too much success. Elder Hoyt got bumped up to district leader and became a trainer for a new missionary. I really didn´t want to leave but oh well their´s nothing I can do about it. I don´t know how to say what I feel. It was really hard to say goodbye to everyone and especially to Elder Hoyt. Fortunately, he only has a year in the mission so I´ll get to see him alot more.
My new area is way different then Benavidez, but I´ll get to that later. Our baptism went great on Saturday. I ended up baptizing again which is always a great experience. The biggest surprise was Sunday when I asked to do the confirmation. Holy cow, you want to talk about being nervous, but I did it and it went great.
Then Monday morning we received the call from the president. I was leaving. So, Monday and Tuesday I went around telling everyone goodbye. It sucked, I really wanted to stay and even more so now that I am in my new area.
Now the big news. I am in downtown Buenos Aires in the zone of Belgrano in the area of Urquiza. That´s not all, I am with a missionary from Chilie and he doesn´t speak much English at all. Elder Vergara. The good thing is I thought I was going to a 4 man apartment but apparently the area just got its own apartment. So, it´s just the 2 of us, all alone on the fourth floor of a brand new building. At least I can say that my Spanish is about to shoot through the roof.
On the other hand, hello to the big city. I might as well be back in downtown Atlanta but on Buford Highway. It´s going to be way challenging but I know I was put here for a reason. The bad thing is I´ve only been here for a hour so I don´t know much except the view that I can see from our balcony and yes the view confirms to me that I am back in the hectic life of the city.
It sounds like all is doing well back home. I´ve got a couple of letters wrote but this whole day has been crazy with trying to get all my stuff to the city. Keep me in your prayers because I know this next week is about to be really hard, but it always gets better at least it did with Elder Hoyt. Don´t worry about me to much. I´ll make it through it. I know something good has to happen now.
Love you all so much and I look forward to talking to you next week
Elder Putnam
P.S. Good job Nathan on getting your drivers license
Wednesday, August 16th, 2006
Hi :(
President took me out of Benavidez. We had too much success. Elder Hoyt got bumped up to district leader and became a trainer for a new missionary. I really didn´t want to leave but oh well their´s nothing I can do about it. I don´t know how to say what I feel. It was really hard to say goodbye to everyone and especially to Elder Hoyt. Fortunately, he only has a year in the mission so I´ll get to see him alot more.
My new area is way different then Benavidez, but I´ll get to that later. Our baptism went great on Saturday. I ended up baptizing again which is always a great experience. The biggest surprise was Sunday when I asked to do the confirmation. Holy cow, you want to talk about being nervous, but I did it and it went great.
Then Monday morning we received the call from the president. I was leaving. So, Monday and Tuesday I went around telling everyone goodbye. It sucked, I really wanted to stay and even more so now that I am in my new area.
Now the big news. I am in downtown Buenos Aires in the zone of Belgrano in the area of Urquiza. That´s not all, I am with a missionary from Chilie and he doesn´t speak much English at all. Elder Vergara. The good thing is I thought I was going to a 4 man apartment but apparently the area just got its own apartment. So, it´s just the 2 of us, all alone on the fourth floor of a brand new building. At least I can say that my Spanish is about to shoot through the roof.
On the other hand, hello to the big city. I might as well be back in downtown Atlanta but on Buford Highway. It´s going to be way challenging but I know I was put here for a reason. The bad thing is I´ve only been here for a hour so I don´t know much except the view that I can see from our balcony and yes the view confirms to me that I am back in the hectic life of the city.
It sounds like all is doing well back home. I´ve got a couple of letters wrote but this whole day has been crazy with trying to get all my stuff to the city. Keep me in your prayers because I know this next week is about to be really hard, but it always gets better at least it did with Elder Hoyt. Don´t worry about me to much. I´ll make it through it. I know something good has to happen now.
Love you all so much and I look forward to talking to you next week
Elder Putnam
P.S. Good job Nathan on getting your drivers license








