Email - Wednesday, July 19th, 2006
Here is today's email. I am still trying to type in the 28-page letter we received ... I've got about half of it done. It's been a busy couple of weeks.
We also got to meet Mark's first companion, Elder Wendorf, who just completed his mission. He lives in Augusta, Georgia. So last week for Family Home Evening, he came up and hand delivered six rolls of film that Mark had taken. He also showed us some pictures that he had taken of Mark, their apartment and Argentina in general. I'll try to get some of the pictures uploaded to the site soon. Gotta finish the letter first.
Hello family,
I got your letter today. Thanks for telling me what everyone has been up to. As for me things are just going great. Elder hoyt and I are really working hard here in Benavidez and I am loving it. This last week him and I taught 21 lessons and our zone started this new "area of the week" award and we won it so after our meetings in Escobar, they bought us Mcflurrys at Mcdonalds. It was very nice of them
This week has started off pretty good too. Yesterday we did splits with our ward missionary leader, Andres, the whole day long. I had a blast and we even got a couple new investigators.
For our other BAPTISM coming up we had to bump it back to the 4th of Agosto because not all of the family was going to be there. However they are still progressing just great.
I am having a blast with Elder Hoyt, he only has 8 months in Argentina, and there are so many things going for the positive right now in Benavidez that I hope I get to stay here another transfer. I will probaly leave the 16th of Agosto at the end of this transfer but I have interviews with the Mission president this Friday so I´ll see what I can´t do. Either way I´ll be happy with what ever happens.
Today we are going bowling with some of the elders in our zone. Next P-day we are planning on going to the offices ourselfs to pick up some stuff. I´ll call them up today to see what the deal is on getting packages from the airport. I think the package that elder collie got was just regular postal service but I don´t know for sure.
Today if we go to any shopping malls i will look for shoes are something. As for now I am really taking care of these shoes I have. I shine them everyday and keep them in great shape. The only problem is the souls. They are just wearing down quickly from all the walking we do however with how much teaching we´ve been doing lately I should start worrying about the seat of my pants wearing out from all the sitting we´re doing.
Happy Birthday to everyone that had a birthday or that is about to have one. I hope the weather would cool off for yáll it is just perfect down here. I have got to go but keep me updated on the status of the camera and i´ll see what I can´t do this week and next. Good luck to everybody and stop getting so sick.
Love Elder Putnam
We also got to meet Mark's first companion, Elder Wendorf, who just completed his mission. He lives in Augusta, Georgia. So last week for Family Home Evening, he came up and hand delivered six rolls of film that Mark had taken. He also showed us some pictures that he had taken of Mark, their apartment and Argentina in general. I'll try to get some of the pictures uploaded to the site soon. Gotta finish the letter first.
Hello family,
I got your letter today. Thanks for telling me what everyone has been up to. As for me things are just going great. Elder hoyt and I are really working hard here in Benavidez and I am loving it. This last week him and I taught 21 lessons and our zone started this new "area of the week" award and we won it so after our meetings in Escobar, they bought us Mcflurrys at Mcdonalds. It was very nice of them
This week has started off pretty good too. Yesterday we did splits with our ward missionary leader, Andres, the whole day long. I had a blast and we even got a couple new investigators.
For our other BAPTISM coming up we had to bump it back to the 4th of Agosto because not all of the family was going to be there. However they are still progressing just great.
I am having a blast with Elder Hoyt, he only has 8 months in Argentina, and there are so many things going for the positive right now in Benavidez that I hope I get to stay here another transfer. I will probaly leave the 16th of Agosto at the end of this transfer but I have interviews with the Mission president this Friday so I´ll see what I can´t do. Either way I´ll be happy with what ever happens.
Today we are going bowling with some of the elders in our zone. Next P-day we are planning on going to the offices ourselfs to pick up some stuff. I´ll call them up today to see what the deal is on getting packages from the airport. I think the package that elder collie got was just regular postal service but I don´t know for sure.
Today if we go to any shopping malls i will look for shoes are something. As for now I am really taking care of these shoes I have. I shine them everyday and keep them in great shape. The only problem is the souls. They are just wearing down quickly from all the walking we do however with how much teaching we´ve been doing lately I should start worrying about the seat of my pants wearing out from all the sitting we´re doing.
Happy Birthday to everyone that had a birthday or that is about to have one. I hope the weather would cool off for yáll it is just perfect down here. I have got to go but keep me updated on the status of the camera and i´ll see what I can´t do this week and next. Good luck to everybody and stop getting so sick.
Love Elder Putnam








