Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Email - Wednesday, August 30th, 2006

Here is today's email from Mark:

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Hi,


Wow another week has flown by and I hope it stays like this. We had our first real district meeting this last Monday and guess what, my whole district is Latino. I am the only American in the bunch. This should definitely be a interesting transfer which is why I hope it goes by fast and that their will be new changes at the end of the transfer.

My companion Elder Vergara is weird just like I think all Latin’s are. It is his first time as senior companion and it shows big time. He is a hard worker but he doesn’t work smart which makes me frustrated and then when ever I try to put in my input he just flips out. It’s like its his time of the month but everyday. Because for the most part I get along fine with him and then out of no where something changes and he is either talking about how Americans never went to the moon and that the first man on the moon was a Chilean or either trying to bring up stuff about Bush. Either way it never affects me I just keep working and use times like this to practice my Spanish which by the way is getting a heck of a lot better.

I have not got any packages yet but that’s because I don’t think anyone has gone by the offices but this Friday is our zone conference and if it’s not there then we have interviews next week and it will be there. The good news is I got my package together and I’m waiting until Friday so that I can get a contact list that has our information and everyone else’s like the one that I sent ya’ll before. So hopefully I get the package Sent out this weekend. It will have two videos in it from Benavidez and three rolls of film plus letters to home, Batchelors, Sean, Vickie, and Travis and any others that I can get written before then.

Today for our P-day activity we are going to Walmart, Yeaaaa! It is in our area, it should be so much fun. Who would of ever of thought going to Wal-Mart would be fun but when your thousands of miles away it is the only thing closely related to an American Super Market.


Again all the information about the ward and area will be in the package but for the mean time all I know is that I am in General Urquiza and our wards name is the same and in the Belgrano stake.

Good luck at the football game and sure send me the invitation in a package please so that it doesn’t get messed up.

Love,
Elder Putnam

P.S. Natalie don’t worry it’s going to be a boy or on second hand maybe a girl, too.