Thursday, March 15, 2007

Email - Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Two emails in one week!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Hi family,

Okay to give you the details that you want. First I am still in Don Torcuato. Elder Ibarra went to the city in Villa Crespo in the zone of Belgrano.

I today went to San Fernando where all the missionaries meet up with their new companions and everything. I waited there with all the elders that are going to be receiving new Elders from the MTC.

Then we all walked, 10 of us, to the offices where we had lunch and a brief meeting of things we should and shouldn’t do as a Papí (Dad). We ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I ate about 10 as well as all the other elders and Hermanas. This is one of the privileges of being a trainer.

Then we walked to the mission house where we came in singing Called to Serve where all the newbies were. Then the President assigned companions and we took pictures and off they all went.

I had to stay for training for district leader. O yeah, I almost forgot. My hijo (son) is Elder Carter. He is from Tulsan, Arizona. He is big. Not taller than me but big. After our meeting for district leader we got in a remis and off we went. The whole time I was thinking about my first day and how much I wanted to remember all of it. So I took lots of pictures and videos of Elder Carter’s first day. He is going to be a blast. He is the spitting image of me from the MTC. I feel so old. I can’t believe that I have an American Companion. This is going to be one cool experience.

It’s amazing how fast you grow in the mission. I still feel new inside like him but I can see a huge difference between him and me. This is going to be one fun transfer.

Got to go because today was really long which means of course my letter is going to be short. But hey I don’t know if I said so, but Elders Grange and Johnson are training too and the companion of Elder Johnson was the companion of Elder Carter in the MTC, so how weird is that. ccm comps getting ccm comps (MTC companions getting MTC companions)

Love,
Elder Putnam.

Start feeling better and also Elder Carter flew through Atlanta on his way here so he was like 30 minutes away from yáll and now he is right beside me. It’s that easy.