Email from Mark - Wednesday, June 7, 2006
Here is the latest email from Mark received yesterday, June 7, 2006:
HI,
I´ve got good news!I got sharon´s package. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!but I havn´t opened it yet and I´ll tell you why right now:
It all started this morning. I put the final touches on the letter that I have been writting all week long. Then I made toast with jelly and I also had a grilled chesse sandwitch. Then about half way through our studies their was a clap at the door so we went to go and check it out and sure enough it was our plumber and some missionaries who were here to inspect our apartment and it just so happens that they got there both at the same time. The plumber was suppose to of come yesterday but he didn´t. The missionaries had a checklist taht they went through and then left.I had told Elder Wendorf exactly what all the problems were with the shower and how to fix them and sure enough the plumber said the exact same things.The plumber got it working but not fixed because they don´t have any of the parts here in benavidez for it.He finished around 11:00 but didn´t leave till about 12:00 because my companion and him got talking about religion and Elder Wendorf ended up teaching him the first lession.Then we stopped by the post office to mail off my letter. The machine that prints out the price was broke so they covered the letter with stamps. I hope the mail can still read the address.This last couple of days I have had a cold and I woke up with a headache and when i was walking out of the post office I busted my head hard against the gate that comes down over the door. It hurt like crap and I got abig knot on my head. Needless to say my hedache has now tripled and I just want to sleep.But no this is just the beginning of our day. We then went to the offices in San Isidro where I got my package.Then we went to this resturant in San Isidro that is called Kansas. it is right accross the street from the only Hooters in Buenos Aires. Funny huh. Anyways Kansas is a American Steak house. Yea, I come all the way down here to Argentina to have a American Steak, but it was all worth it. First the reason why we came was because yesterday was Elder Wendorf´s birthday. He turned 22. We split Texas styled Natchos then I got the hawaini steak. It was Argentina meat but prepared in the American way. It was delicious.It also came with mashed potatos with bacon chopped up in it. Then to top it off we had a brownie with Ice cream and Dulce de Leche poured all over it. I also had it wit a sprite but only one because refills were 4.00 pesos.The whole mill for the 2 of us was 102.00 pesos and then a tip.Divided that by 2.95 and that´s how much it is in dollers. Needless to say it was a lot of money since we only get 330.00 pesos a month.But I´ve been saving up for it so I´m fine and I stilled havn´t spent that 80 pesos I got off my card. Then we had to ride a jam packed bus back here and for some weird reason it has been extremly hot today but not in the 90´s.We didn´t get back to Benavidez untill 5:30 and we came straight to the computers.Now I am sitting here typing away with a bad headach.It was all worth it because I have gotten my package. It didn´t look open so everthing should be inside it.Now on to your letter. What´s this about wedding dresses, I mean come on I´ve only been gone for 4 months and Yáll start doing everything without me.Anyways this cool guy is coming down to talk to us this friday, just to the missionaries. They said he is some kind of apostle or something, L. Tom Perry. Have you heard of him? I am just joking. Ofcourse you know who he is. I am finally gitting to meet one of the apostles.I can´t wait, I´ll tell you everything that happens next week.Thank you for the email and keep them coming just the way they are, I love them.Got to go. Hey one last thing. Have yáll tried getting on that google thing that is like a satalite picture of the world. Yu should try to look up Buenos Aires and then Benavidez, It´s really cool. Sharon should know what I´m talking about because I hve seen here on it.Bye
Sent out at 6:42 my time.
Elder Putnam
I am loking at my apartment right now on Google so check it out it is so cool.
HI,
I´ve got good news!I got sharon´s package. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!but I havn´t opened it yet and I´ll tell you why right now:
It all started this morning. I put the final touches on the letter that I have been writting all week long. Then I made toast with jelly and I also had a grilled chesse sandwitch. Then about half way through our studies their was a clap at the door so we went to go and check it out and sure enough it was our plumber and some missionaries who were here to inspect our apartment and it just so happens that they got there both at the same time. The plumber was suppose to of come yesterday but he didn´t. The missionaries had a checklist taht they went through and then left.I had told Elder Wendorf exactly what all the problems were with the shower and how to fix them and sure enough the plumber said the exact same things.The plumber got it working but not fixed because they don´t have any of the parts here in benavidez for it.He finished around 11:00 but didn´t leave till about 12:00 because my companion and him got talking about religion and Elder Wendorf ended up teaching him the first lession.Then we stopped by the post office to mail off my letter. The machine that prints out the price was broke so they covered the letter with stamps. I hope the mail can still read the address.This last couple of days I have had a cold and I woke up with a headache and when i was walking out of the post office I busted my head hard against the gate that comes down over the door. It hurt like crap and I got abig knot on my head. Needless to say my hedache has now tripled and I just want to sleep.But no this is just the beginning of our day. We then went to the offices in San Isidro where I got my package.Then we went to this resturant in San Isidro that is called Kansas. it is right accross the street from the only Hooters in Buenos Aires. Funny huh. Anyways Kansas is a American Steak house. Yea, I come all the way down here to Argentina to have a American Steak, but it was all worth it. First the reason why we came was because yesterday was Elder Wendorf´s birthday. He turned 22. We split Texas styled Natchos then I got the hawaini steak. It was Argentina meat but prepared in the American way. It was delicious.It also came with mashed potatos with bacon chopped up in it. Then to top it off we had a brownie with Ice cream and Dulce de Leche poured all over it. I also had it wit a sprite but only one because refills were 4.00 pesos.The whole mill for the 2 of us was 102.00 pesos and then a tip.Divided that by 2.95 and that´s how much it is in dollers. Needless to say it was a lot of money since we only get 330.00 pesos a month.But I´ve been saving up for it so I´m fine and I stilled havn´t spent that 80 pesos I got off my card. Then we had to ride a jam packed bus back here and for some weird reason it has been extremly hot today but not in the 90´s.We didn´t get back to Benavidez untill 5:30 and we came straight to the computers.Now I am sitting here typing away with a bad headach.It was all worth it because I have gotten my package. It didn´t look open so everthing should be inside it.Now on to your letter. What´s this about wedding dresses, I mean come on I´ve only been gone for 4 months and Yáll start doing everything without me.Anyways this cool guy is coming down to talk to us this friday, just to the missionaries. They said he is some kind of apostle or something, L. Tom Perry. Have you heard of him? I am just joking. Ofcourse you know who he is. I am finally gitting to meet one of the apostles.I can´t wait, I´ll tell you everything that happens next week.Thank you for the email and keep them coming just the way they are, I love them.Got to go. Hey one last thing. Have yáll tried getting on that google thing that is like a satalite picture of the world. Yu should try to look up Buenos Aires and then Benavidez, It´s really cool. Sharon should know what I´m talking about because I hve seen here on it.Bye
Sent out at 6:42 my time.
Elder Putnam
I am loking at my apartment right now on Google so check it out it is so cool.








