Email - Wednesday, October 4, 2006
Well ... better late than not at all! Here I am sitting and waiting for an email from Mark and he is out playing soccer. True Putnam!!! Anyway, here is today's email.
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Hi,
This week has been great; things are really looking good with this new transfer. Sorry I am mailing late today. There is no specific time that we have to email, it is just Wednesday.
Right now I feel like a normal person because I have on shorts and a t- shirt. We just got back from playing soccer and it is really starting to get hot and humid here. I love it; it’s just like home. Everyone else here hates it but for me it is a reminder of home.
We have been getting really bad thunder showers lately and it sucks. Monday we had our zone conference and we left the apartment at 8 in the morning right when a big big storm came through. I want a car! Our only source of transportation is bus or walking. We did both and I got drenched from foot to toe. In my suit too. In storms like this, umbrellas, small like mine, just don’t do anything.
The mission has really made me appreciate general conference and all 5 sessions. I love conference. I learn so much. It’s amazing getting to hear from apostles and the prophet. I got to listen to everything in English which is very rare. However I had to see priesthood session in the morning on Sunday since it came on at 9 o’clock down here and that’s too late for missionaries. Also in the first session of conference I saw Joy Hughes in the MTC choir. That was also pretty cool.
I was in the street one day and heard what sound like kids screaming for help but in Spanish. It was coming from a tree. When we went over to the tree it was freaking birds. They were talking and in Spanish. It was the coolest thing I have seen in my life.
At zone conference president tells about 5 people to give their testimony and I was one of those people. It is so cool to finally be able to just talk in Spanish and not stumble on every single word. I am still far from perfect but having 2 straight Latin comps sure does help.
This morning we went to Wal-Mart and I bought 14 bags of cereal and 14 bags of milk. I am going on a strike of eating Argentina food.
I thought of another thing I want for Christmas; an old Georgia Flag, like Bobby has. I need to represent my roots down here with all these Utahans.
I still have not got Sharon’s package. Lo siento!
Also those games that I want are like Yahtzee and Chess; and the hammock just a rope hammock. Trench coat a dark color, nada mas. I have all the information about my shaver in my apartment so I’ll tell you next week. My belt size I think is still 34. I have really been losing weight lately.
I’ll talk about the missionary work when I have more time; let’s just say this is definitely not a baptizing mission.
Love ya,
Elder Putnam
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Hi,
This week has been great; things are really looking good with this new transfer. Sorry I am mailing late today. There is no specific time that we have to email, it is just Wednesday.
Right now I feel like a normal person because I have on shorts and a t- shirt. We just got back from playing soccer and it is really starting to get hot and humid here. I love it; it’s just like home. Everyone else here hates it but for me it is a reminder of home.
We have been getting really bad thunder showers lately and it sucks. Monday we had our zone conference and we left the apartment at 8 in the morning right when a big big storm came through. I want a car! Our only source of transportation is bus or walking. We did both and I got drenched from foot to toe. In my suit too. In storms like this, umbrellas, small like mine, just don’t do anything.
The mission has really made me appreciate general conference and all 5 sessions. I love conference. I learn so much. It’s amazing getting to hear from apostles and the prophet. I got to listen to everything in English which is very rare. However I had to see priesthood session in the morning on Sunday since it came on at 9 o’clock down here and that’s too late for missionaries. Also in the first session of conference I saw Joy Hughes in the MTC choir. That was also pretty cool.
I was in the street one day and heard what sound like kids screaming for help but in Spanish. It was coming from a tree. When we went over to the tree it was freaking birds. They were talking and in Spanish. It was the coolest thing I have seen in my life.
At zone conference president tells about 5 people to give their testimony and I was one of those people. It is so cool to finally be able to just talk in Spanish and not stumble on every single word. I am still far from perfect but having 2 straight Latin comps sure does help.
This morning we went to Wal-Mart and I bought 14 bags of cereal and 14 bags of milk. I am going on a strike of eating Argentina food.
I thought of another thing I want for Christmas; an old Georgia Flag, like Bobby has. I need to represent my roots down here with all these Utahans.
I still have not got Sharon’s package. Lo siento!
Also those games that I want are like Yahtzee and Chess; and the hammock just a rope hammock. Trench coat a dark color, nada mas. I have all the information about my shaver in my apartment so I’ll tell you next week. My belt size I think is still 34. I have really been losing weight lately.
I’ll talk about the missionary work when I have more time; let’s just say this is definitely not a baptizing mission.
Love ya,
Elder Putnam








