Thursday, December 07, 2006

Email #2 - Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Just checked my email and was surprised to find a second email from Mark today. Here it is:

Wednesday, December 6th, 2006 – Email #2

Hello again,

Sorry my first letter was way short and rushed but we had to leave early. I was in Villa Crespo when I wrote you. After I wrote you we went and ate in a buffet. It was only 12 pesos for all the food you can eat but each time they refill your soda it is 4 more pesos so needless to say I only had one soda.

We then window shopped for a while. I didn’t buy anything it’s just nice to look. I have money don’t get me wrong but I have to rashing it out between groceries and laundry.

On the way home I stopped by the post office to check on prices again and it is cheaper to send a package in a envelope so I will probably do that. I just want to make sure this package gets to yáll because it will have 4 videos and 5 or 6 rolls of film plus what ever else I can stick in their to fill up the rest of the package like candy from here or something in spanish.

The zone leaders will be calling again to set stuff up for Christmas. It will be a Monday but the president is really changing stuff up this year. Before, we were allowed to watch movies all day long on Christmas and New Years and had a lot more privileges. Now president has changed our P-days to be Christmas and New Years eve. So Christmas I will be in the apartment all day basically. It stinks that he is changing all the rules now. I don’t know how much cards are there in the US but I can buy a 90 minute international card here for 5 pesos. There are a lot of elders who just set it up for them to call their parents since it is more cheaper, but anyways I just want to talk with you all one way or another.
This is the end of my third transfer here so that’s why I think I am leaving. I don’t think I will go up in the chain since their will only be like two new spots for senior comps.

It stinks that I will be leaving so close to Christmas. The ward here is getting together a package for Elder Avilez and me. So hopefully I get it before I leave, plus there is one family that we will be spending Christmas Eve with and the mom said if I leave she is going to call the president to see if I can come back for the night. It is nice to be wanted. However, I think I am gone.

In the beginning of the transfer during a prayer as a companionship we received the inspiration to set a goal for three baptisms this transfer. It was a little weird since the goal for the whole zone is three baptisms. We had no investigators that were progressing except Carolina. After two weeks Carolina was baptized and we really didn’t have anyone else, but all our hard work with the ward paid off when we received two references from members. We have now taught these investigators and the both of them have baptismal dates for the 17 of December. However, the key to the progression of these investigators were the members that lead us to them. They were with us each time we had a lesson and really helped with their testimonies. Only if all the members would do this. I know if this would happen the baptismal rate would really double and even triple like president Hinckley said.

I am really grateful for the experiences that I am receiving, good and bad.

I have wrote a letter to the ward that yáll will receive further information on when I include it in the package I am sending. Hopefully the package will get to yáll before January. Now I really have to go for good. Talk to yáll better and I hope everyone there is enjoying the experiences that are happening around them every minute, good and bad.

Love,
Elder Putnam