Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Email - Wednesday, December 27, 2006

We were able to talk to Mark on Christmas Day for almost two hours. It was so cool! I enjoyed every minute of it. His spanish is amazing. Everyone in the family had the opportunity to talk to him, which he really appreciated. He got his Christmas boxes in plenty of time for Christmas Day so he was able to enjoy a little bit of home from the other side of the planet. Unfortunately, I don't think the same will be said about his birthday boxes. He will end his teenage years this coming Sunday, December 31st, when he turns twenty years old. I mailed them later and so I don't know if he will get them before his birthday.

Anyway, here is his weekly email:

Wednesday, December 27th, 2006

Hi,


Wow I was almost scared when I opened my mail and it said that my mail box was almost full, but fortunately you have already made the needed adjustments.

So wow this has been an awesome week. I loved my Christmas and I am still feeling the effects from it. I didn’t get to sleep till way late and now it has thrown my whole system off. However, I will adjust.


It was so cool to talk to yáll. I still couldn’t here a difference in accents so I don’t know what everyone is talking about. It sounds like yáll had a very busy Christmas. It’s too bad that there weren’t a lot of people to help you. That sucks! You don’t really know how much you need somebody until you have to leave them for a long period of time. That’s basically how I feel but oh-well time is passing fast and as long as everybody is still there when I get home I will be happy.

I am writing you today but really our p-day was Monday. So we worked this morning and had a lot of success. Four lessons and two new investigators so I am way excited. This area is way different then my other areas but I am adjusting. The president is really changing up a lot of stuff so I don’t know how long I am going to be here. So I am going to take advantage of every moment I have here.

Senior companion has really giving me a whole new perspective on the mission. It is way harder but a lot more funner. It’s too bad the mission will be over before I know it. My zone Conference is next Tuesday so I don’t know if I am going to get my packages before then. I am going to try real hard to figure out something. Ha Ha.

Thanks for doing all the stuff to my email. Do whatever you need to do so that I can receive letters still. I still have film and tapes for now so I should be good until I have about a year in the mission. I really don’t know if I will be mailing next Monday or Wednesday so we will see. Like I said the president is really changing up a bunch of stuff.

Vickie thanks a bunch for the letters and pictures.

In case yáll don’t know Brittany told me that Chris proposed to Christie but she didn’t tell me if she said yes. So we will have to see. Happy New Years and all enjoy yourselves and the time that you have together. Thanks to everyone for the presents and money I am enjoying them all.

Next time I talk with you all I cannot believe it but I am going to be freaking 20 years old. I need to do something stupid to end my teenage years. Oh-crap it’s too late.

Love,
Elder Putnam

Happy New Years and have fun at my birthday party without me, tell me how it went?