Email - Wednesday, July 4th, 2007
Wednesday, July 4th, 2007
Hi family,
So lightning hit the house. That’s pretty weird. Has dad found out what the problem is with the lights? Lightning is a pretty rare here in Buenos Aires. I have seen it a few times but not a lot.
So it is another 4 of July in the mission and it has been pretty low toned. We had lots of plans to go out and eat at a nice restaurant and then spend the rest of the day playing sports but all that got cancelled so we’ve just stayed in the apartment.
It has been almost one year since Elder Wendorf got home from the mission. It was the 6th of July when he left. So, that just means I’m getting old in the mission. Before I know it Elder Hoyt will be home. The hermanas that got to the MTC with me are even preparing to go home. However, I have not had much time to think about any of that.
This last week has been way crazy and will make for one great story when I get back home but telling you now will be of no good reason. However, I’ve been thinking a lot lately about Dad’s mission.
I don’t know if it is a good thing but yes I have met the new mission president. He arrived to the mission at 1:00pm Monday and at 9:50pm I was on the phone with him. So today has actually worked out for the best. With everything canceling on us it has giving me a great chance to catch up on some sleep.
I never even saw the first fantastic 4 so I guess I will just have to watch the two of them when I get home.
As far as transfers I have no idea. At this point absolutely anything could happen. The word in the apartments is that I will be going up as Zone leader but my hijo´s already enough responsibility so I couldn’t imagine what would happen if I got any more. My guess would be that I stay here with my hijo another transfer but absolutely nothing is set in stone.
Hope yáll have a fun fourth of July and that nothing else devastating or bad happens to the house.
Love,
Elder Putnam
Hi family,
So lightning hit the house. That’s pretty weird. Has dad found out what the problem is with the lights? Lightning is a pretty rare here in Buenos Aires. I have seen it a few times but not a lot.
So it is another 4 of July in the mission and it has been pretty low toned. We had lots of plans to go out and eat at a nice restaurant and then spend the rest of the day playing sports but all that got cancelled so we’ve just stayed in the apartment.
It has been almost one year since Elder Wendorf got home from the mission. It was the 6th of July when he left. So, that just means I’m getting old in the mission. Before I know it Elder Hoyt will be home. The hermanas that got to the MTC with me are even preparing to go home. However, I have not had much time to think about any of that.
This last week has been way crazy and will make for one great story when I get back home but telling you now will be of no good reason. However, I’ve been thinking a lot lately about Dad’s mission.
I don’t know if it is a good thing but yes I have met the new mission president. He arrived to the mission at 1:00pm Monday and at 9:50pm I was on the phone with him. So today has actually worked out for the best. With everything canceling on us it has giving me a great chance to catch up on some sleep.
I never even saw the first fantastic 4 so I guess I will just have to watch the two of them when I get home.
As far as transfers I have no idea. At this point absolutely anything could happen. The word in the apartments is that I will be going up as Zone leader but my hijo´s already enough responsibility so I couldn’t imagine what would happen if I got any more. My guess would be that I stay here with my hijo another transfer but absolutely nothing is set in stone.
Hope yáll have a fun fourth of July and that nothing else devastating or bad happens to the house.
Love,
Elder Putnam








