Email - October 17, 2007
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Hi Mom,
This mission of mine just keeps getting more and more interesting every day. I would have never thought that I would have been in this area still after 6 months since I got here. Sometimes I think about my hijo and how he had to leave but then at the same time I think it would have been better if I left. I know it sounds weird but I just have too good of a relationship with the members here.
Sunday there was a blessing of a new baby and when the father went up to the front to do the blessing the bishop asked him who he wanted in the circle and the first thing he did was look at me. Before anybody else he chose me. The members have got to know me so well. The problem is now I can’t leave this area because I am waaaaaayyyyy too attached to the members.
It was way weird presenting my new companion to all the members because it feels like just yesterday that I was doing the same thing with my hijo.
Sometimes I feel like these last 4 months are never going to end, but I always think about something that one of the sisters in my ward told me: Elder Putnam the Lord prepared you for the first 20 months of your mission so that you will be ready for all the temptations and problems that you will have in the last 4 months.
The thing is that I’m not even homesick or anything. I don’t want to leave Argentina I just don’t want to be here in this area as a missionary anymore. That’s why I want to come back as soon as I can after my mission. Hopefully, you mom, will be able to come back down here with me when I return after I’m released.
Other than this, things are going great. We are finally getting to work and get the area back in good shape. It’s cool having Elder Marin (not Martin) because he is from Cordoba, Argentina and there hasn’t been a Latin in this area for two years.
I don’t know why but all those windows in your thought for the week wouldn’t open. I hope yáll have a better week.
Love Yáll,
"Elder" Mark Putnam
Hi Mom,
This mission of mine just keeps getting more and more interesting every day. I would have never thought that I would have been in this area still after 6 months since I got here. Sometimes I think about my hijo and how he had to leave but then at the same time I think it would have been better if I left. I know it sounds weird but I just have too good of a relationship with the members here.
Sunday there was a blessing of a new baby and when the father went up to the front to do the blessing the bishop asked him who he wanted in the circle and the first thing he did was look at me. Before anybody else he chose me. The members have got to know me so well. The problem is now I can’t leave this area because I am waaaaaayyyyy too attached to the members.
It was way weird presenting my new companion to all the members because it feels like just yesterday that I was doing the same thing with my hijo.
Sometimes I feel like these last 4 months are never going to end, but I always think about something that one of the sisters in my ward told me: Elder Putnam the Lord prepared you for the first 20 months of your mission so that you will be ready for all the temptations and problems that you will have in the last 4 months.
The thing is that I’m not even homesick or anything. I don’t want to leave Argentina I just don’t want to be here in this area as a missionary anymore. That’s why I want to come back as soon as I can after my mission. Hopefully, you mom, will be able to come back down here with me when I return after I’m released.
Other than this, things are going great. We are finally getting to work and get the area back in good shape. It’s cool having Elder Marin (not Martin) because he is from Cordoba, Argentina and there hasn’t been a Latin in this area for two years.
I don’t know why but all those windows in your thought for the week wouldn’t open. I hope yáll have a better week.
Love Yáll,
"Elder" Mark Putnam








