Thursday, August 02, 2007

Thursday, August 2nd, 2007

August 2, 2007

Hi,

Yea, sorry that I’m late again but time plus luck wasn’t really on my side yesterday yet it might have been one of the funniest days in my mission.

This last week has really been a good one. We taught a bunch of lessons plus the whole district did way well too, with teaching. We also had three baptisms in the district that I performed the interviews. It was also really fun. There was a span of about three days that we were doing nothing but running from appointments to the doctors back to the Pharmacy and then to the next appointment. Even with all the time that we spent in the doctors we still got 26 lessons for the week. This is really good. We finally got the pills for my hijo that we have been looking for. You will not believe the loops that we had to run to get them. The main key was two girls. Estela and Mini Holovat. Estela is 28 and has been baptized for a little over a year and Mini is her sister, 30, but is not a member. Either way they have been helping us out so much that I don’t know how we could ever repay them.

Yesterday they went with us along with another one of our investigators to Parque de la costa. It is basically like a mini-Six Flags. It’s only got two roller coasters that are big but it is still way fun.

However, yesterday was freezing cold and raining. The worst part is that Tuesday was hot enough to not wear long sleeve shirts and the sun was out. So I thought Wednesday would be the same. Wrong! I didn’t even bring a coat to the park so I froze, but I don’t think I’m sick but I don’t think I’m at 100%. Either way the whole day was way too much fun.

Here’s my problem. I have been in each one of my areas for three transfers and when I first got to each one all I wanted to do was leave. However, I got to know the members and I really grew to have some great relationships to the point that I didn’t want to leave the area. However, I was taken out of each one. It has gotten harder to leave each area: Benavidez, Urquiza, and Don Torcuato.

After Don Torcuato I decided to try not to get so attached to San Ignacio, but it didn’t work. I have some of my best friends in the whole world right here with me in this area. I know that transfers are coming up at the end of this month but I just can’t leave this area. This area by far is going to be the hardest to leave. I know it’s going to happen sooner or later but right now is just too early.

The biggest problem is 8 zone leaders are leaving and I was able to sneak out of being zone leader last transfer but this transfer is going to be way harder. However, I am going to do all I can to stay. It will just be really sad to leave an area that you have worked so hard in and have accomplished so much with the members. I know if I could stay more time I could build not only a stronger ward but friendships that will last for the rest of my life.

I never in my mission ever thought about coming back once I go home but this area has brought that to a very strong reality that I will come back. Either way I am looking too far in to the future and have to take advantage of the time that I have.

So I will end this letter now and thanks a bunch for the info on the laptop.

Love Ya,
Elder Putnam