Thursday, July 26, 2007

Tuesday, July 17th, 2007

Sorry everyone! When I went to post today's email (7-26-07) from Mark I realized that I never posted last week's email (7-17-07). Life has just been real busy. Anyway, here is last week's email:

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Hi,

Fortunately their were no changes with me and my hijo which means we will be together here in San Ignacio for another six months. Since these were the first transfers for President Argyle there were very few changes. They had to replace four zone leaders and some district leaders and then they had to have seven trainers and that was all the changes they had.

I was very happy with changes and even happier that I didn’t get bumped up to zone leader. That was my goal last transfer to stay with my hijo one transfer more and it happened. I had to do a lot of talking with President and Elder Hoyt. It’s not so much that I don’t want to be ZL, I just didn’t want to leave this transfer because now it is almost for sure that I will have one area more. If I had left I would have had two more areas. Now I will only have to move all my stuff one more time and not two more times.

The good part is that Elder Johnson got bumped up to ZL and in the area that I want to finish my mission. Then his companion goes home in August right when I leave this area so there is good chance that I could get bumped up to zone leader and be with Elder Johnson again which would be awesome and prophetic since I told him in the MTC that one day we will be back together. However, I’ve really got to use my connections to get this but as far as getting to ZL will be no problem since there are eight Zone Leaders going home next transfer.

The rest of the week has been pretty normal. No Snow and no fire. I was expecting fire when Argentina lost to Brazil in the American cup but instead everyone just got drunk.

There is a member here Mom that has a question for you. She is comparing prices of laptops here and there in the United States and she wants to know how much one would be that burns cds and dvds. So if you could give me the price of the cheapest one you know of one that would be cool. Thanks!

I got the primary president down here to do that whole thing that Sharon wants with the picture and letters from the primary kids. They started last Sunday and this Sunday we are going to take a picture so as soon as we get it together I’ll send it out but to whom? Give me an address.

I am now under seven months left in the mission and approaching my last area in the mission so I’m old. Each transfer just takes more and more of my friends away and this next transfer will be the worst since there is about 16 missionaries leaving and I know them all really well.

This transfer has already started off well. We had a couple that just came back from getting married and now we are just planning their baptismal service so we will be having a baptism here after all.

So it sounds like yáll are finally getting some rain again up there in Georgia. Any other new news? If not oh-well.

Chau,
Elder Putnam