Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thursday, July 26th, 2007

OK. So last week's email was a day early and this week's email is a day late. And since I forgot to post last week (see below for email) that means you haven't heard from Mark is quite a while. Sorry 'bout that!

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Hi,

Sorry I wasn’t able to write yesterday but I still wanted to get on this morning just to tell you I’m leaving.

As for my hijo that’s another story. Yesterday he woke with a bad headache so we didn’t leave until 12:00. I was planning on writing yáll in the morning from 11 to 12.

Anyways, we went to a members house at 12:30 and by the time that we got there my hijo was worthless and could barely even stand. He used to take a strong pill all the time back in the states but the pill is almost impossible to find down here so he takes these other pills that he buys down here that aren’t as strong but have bad side affects and especially when you over dose. Either way he passed out at the member’s house and we just put him to bed and he slept from 2:00 to 6:00. I stayed there basically because I didn’t feel like carrying him home again. But the member is way cool and I stayed there with her and her family watching all the home videos that yáll have sent me on their television.

Big news for me is there is another Georgian in the mission now. She is from Canton, Georgia and just got here last week. So I’m not alone anymore. Speaking of Georgian girls, happy 22nd birthday Christie.

O.K. I’ve got to go. We are going on splits today because I’ve got to interview three baptismal candidates from one of the areas in my district. Hopefully all goes well.

Love ya and talk to you next week hopefully. My hijo and I, with this member and her family, are planning on going to parque de la costa next p-day. Either way I’ll probably try to write early Wednesday.

Bye,
Elder Putnam